Based in South West England, Sodor Geosciences offers geological services to the global mineral exploration and mining industry. Principal Consultant Chris Bargmann has a wealth of worldwide industry experience, encompassing a variety of mineral deposit types and commodities. A particular area of expertise is the Arabian Nubian Shield (a geological terrane covering northeast Africa and the Arabian Peninsula) where Sodor Geosciences is ideally placed to provide technical services and advice to companies interested in this emerging mining region.
Since November 2019, Sodor Geosciences has been writing independent mining research reports for the Digbee on-demand mining research platform. Digbee provides independent, objective and accredited peer reviews of mining projects using public domain data. Digbee geology reports authored by Chris Bargmann on the Buriticá (Colombia), Bomboré (Burkina Faso), Juanicipio (Mexico) and Block 14 (Sudan) projects are available here.
Sodor Geosciences is also carrying out project generation on selected historical mining areas with the intention of advancing these as stand-alone exploration projects.
In addition to the mineral exploration, Sodor Geosciences experience base includes geological studies of vineyards and how this interacts with terroir and wine production.
Services available include:
- Country assessments, geological reviews and target generation
- Compilation, review and modelling of historical mining and exploration data
- Technical advice on current and future mineral exploration programmes
- Design and management of mineral exploration programmes
- Development of client specific Standard Operating Procedures
- Design and review of logging, sampling and sample storage facilities
- Design and review of QAQC procedures for mineral exploration programmes
- Design of check sampling programmes to verify historical exploration results
- Geological modelling, 3D ore deposit model development, resource estimation
- Technical reviews and reports: including due diligence reviews and reporting, technical audits and reporting competent persons reports, technical reports (JORC, Ni 43-101, PERC, etc.)
- Vineyard geological reviews and advice to grape growers, the wine industry and the wine media