Based in South West England, Sodor Geosciences offers geological services to the global mineral exploration and mining industry. Principal Consultant Chris Bargmann has a wealth of worldwide industry experience, encompassing a variety of mineral deposit types and commodities. Particular areas of experience and expertise include the Arabian Nubian Shield (a geological terrane covering northeast Africa and the Arabian Peninsula) and the Caucasus/Central Asia region. Sodor Geosciences is ideally placed to provide technical services and advice to companies interested in these developing mining regions.
Since November 2019, Sodor Geosciences has been writing independent mining research reports for the Digbee on-demand mining research platform. Digbee provides independent, objective and accredited peer reviews of mining projects using public domain data. Digbee geology reports authored by Chris Bargmann on the Buriticá (Colombia), Bomboré (Burkina Faso), Juanicipio (Mexico) and Block 14 (Sudan) projects.
These reports are available here.
In addition to the mineral exploration, Sodor Geosciences experience base includes geological studies of vineyards and how this interacts with terroir and wine production.
Services available include:
- Exploration project management
- Geological reviews, country assessments, and target generation
- Technical reviews and reports: including due diligence, technical audits, competent persons reports, Technical Reports (JORC, Ni 43-101, PERC, etc.)
- Geological modelling, 3D ore deposit model development, resource estimation
- Technical advice on existing exploration programmes, design and management of future exploration programmes
- Development of client specific Standard Operating Procedures
- Design and review of QAQC procedures for mineral exploration programmes
- Design of check sampling programmes to verify historical exploration results
- Design and review of logging, sampling and sample storage facilities
- Vineyard geological reviews, wine literature copy editing and proof reading